ECI was founded in 1953 as a supplier of wire harnesses and cord sets to the North American white good appliance industry. Over the next 50 years, ECI captured a commanding share of the white goods industry and expanded into assembly services. The company continued their growth through geographic expansion and by providing the same products and services into many other industries. ECI’s success can be attributed to the company’s focus on providing a total cost solution through superior quality, engineering, technical expertise and outstanding customer service.
2017 – Completed acquisition of Fargo Assembly Company
2016 – Completed acquisition of Whitepath Fab Tech
2015 – Completed acquisition of Global Harness Systems a leading specialty harness manufacturer.
2014 – New ECI – Morocco Plant Opening in Tangier, Morocco
2013 – Completed acquisition of Incaelec S.L.U, another leading European wire harness manufacturer
2008 – New Poland Plant Opened in Bielsko Biala, Poland
2007 – Consummated acquisition of Westland, Michigan based company, NOMA Corporation, a leading North American wire harness manufacturer
2006 – September | Construction complete on Futian, China facility.
2006 – July | Completed acquisition of Cabind S.p.A, a leading European wire harness manufacturer
2006 – May | Francisco Partners consummates the acquisition of the wire harness business, renaming the company Electrical Components International, Inc.
2005 – Began product transfer to Mexico following closure of Mishawaka, IN facility
2004 – Juarez, Mexico Greenfield specialty harness facility opens
2003 – Guangzhou, China Greenfield facility opens
1999 – Twelve US facilities are consolidated into two Mexican facilities by the end of the 90’s
1998 – Chihuahua, Mexico Greenfield facility opens
1994 – GE’s captive wire harness business is acquired
1992 – Company is acquired by Hicks Muse / Mills & Partners
1953 – Wire harness operations begin under the name Burcliff Holdings Corporation in Mishawaka, Indiana