ECI Cares – Safety Contingency Measures
Our 22,000 employees globally are continuing to support our customers, as all of us are living with the new realities of Covid-19. We are proud of the great commitment of our teams in continuing operations to serve our customers operating essential businesses.
As we continue to operate, the health and safety of our employees, our customers and all those involved in our operations are our first priority. We are closely following the World Health Organizations (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus.
In that regard, we have taken several strong actions in response to the rapidly evolving coronavirus outbreak. Our safety protocols, which are continually updated, include the following:
Actions at Our Manufacturing Facilities:
- Hygiene – We are emphasizing proper hygiene in the plants. This includes signage, training and proper supplies for frequent hand washing as well as cleaning of equipment and workstations regularly.
- Personal Protective Equipment – We require the use of protective equipment including masks in our production facilities.
- Social Distancing – We have implemented staggered shifts and lunches, as well as, floor markings and/or barriers on production floors to further promote social distancing.
- Cleaning/Disinfecting – We have heightened cleaning protocols at each plant which includes increasing the frequency of cleanings.
- Screening – We have implemented temperature screening and questionnaire protocols for all employees at our facilities.
Actions at All Sites
- Remote Work – All employees, with the ability to work from home, are required to do so to minimize the number of employees on site and help with maintaining social distance.
- Exposure – For any colleagues who have had direct exposure or live with others under a medically advised quarantine, they have been required to self-monitor at home for 14 days.
- Policies -We have adjusted our sick and leave policies to accommodate those affected by Covid-19.
- Travel – we have eliminated any travel unless absolutely necessary for all of our employees. We are requiring employees who have traveled to high-risk locations or have been exposed to others who have traveled to high-risk locations to stay at home/self-quarantine.
- Visitors – We have minimized acceptance of visitors. When visitors are necessary, we have implemented strict on-site visitor protocols to reduce the chance of exposing employees to COVID-19.